F.A.Q.'s - Property Management
Verandah Properties' Property Management Division
Verandah Properties, LLC specializes in the management of single-family homes (occupied - long term tenants & vacant - house sitting services). Rental property management in the Metro Orlando area is what we do. If you Insist on Unparalleled Communication and Organization, Honest Counsel with Superior Follow-Up & Follow-Through then WE are the Company for You. We are always Proactive rather than Reactive which equals Better Control. We understand through experience that Education is Key; we educate our Tenants on what is expected from them so the properties we manage are Well Managed and Well Maintained.
We are proud members of the National Association of Residential Property Managers and as such are proud to uphold their written code of ethics in all of our business practices. Our expertise and commitment will help improve your net cash flow; our experienced staff has over 100 years of cumulative experience. We encourage you to review our Owner Testimonials from our extremely satisfied clients.
- We Charge a Tenant Leasing Fee/Procurement Fee which is Deducted from the First Month's Rent
- Ongoing Monthly Management Fee; Starting the Second Month after a New Tenant is Placed
- Renewal fee (when tenant remains longer than 12 months)
- New Property Intake Fee/Marketing Fee: (includes Market Rent Survey and Property Intake Survey)
- Concerned About Potential Eviction Expenses?? Not to Worry - We've Got You Covered! (with our FREE EVICTION PROTECTION program) For Additional 'Peace of Mind'
- Plus we offer you a 12 month prorated warranty on our Leasing/Procurement Fee. If your tenant does not pay for the full 12 months then we refund back part of your leasing fee
- Our Company DOES NOT Mark Up Charges for Routine Maintenance
- Make sure to ask about our PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE! We'll match any other Property Management Company's Fees!
- Finally, We Offer a 100% SATISFACTION MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!! We're THAT Certain you'll LOVE Our Services!!!!
- Credit report
- Criminal background
- Prior evictions
- Rental history
- Income and employment verification
- Wisdom from long term, full-time property management experience
State-of-the-Art Internet Marketing
- Each property has a page on our website featuring property photos, custom video, description and driving directions
- Rental properties are marketed on a variety of free and paid websites - since the internet is constantly updating and upgrading, we are also continuously finding new sites and ways to advertise your property for the most up-to-date marketing available
- We are all proud members of the Board of Realtors, so all homes are listed in the local MLS system and the National Realtor.com
- Rental applications are taken online
- Leases are executed through the most efficient manner; via Docusign
- Using the Internet, we have leased properties sight-unseen to tenants from out of state many times.
We've even conducted 'live' Facetime 'virtual' showings which have produced applications and signed leases!
- As Per Florida Statutes we hold your tenant's security deposit in our non-comingled, Florida Escrow Account
- We Educate our Tenants on how to Maintain and Vacate the Property for Quick Turn-around Time
Owner Payments and Statements
- Owners are paid faster and more securely by direct deposit or by check (dependant on owner preference)
- Owner funds are usually disbursed no later than the 10th day of each month
- Invoices, Receipts and Owner reports are available 24/7 & Owner Statements are emailed to you directly as they are available
- Owners receive a 1099 form at year-end for tax preparation
Inspections (Move In, Interior & Exterior)
- We thoroughly Document the Move In with either Video or Digital Date-Stamped Pictures
- We perform scheduled Interim Inspections with our Tenants
- We perform periodic Exterior Inspections of our Properties
- Our vendors and maintenance partners can handle most any repair
- We can create electronic work orders and communicate with vendors so we quickly solve issues
- We monitor any emergency maintenance 24/7.
Rent Collection and Evictions
- We insist on timely rent payment from tenants
- We act promptly when rent is not paid
- When necessary (however unusual), we handle the entire eviction process
Tenants Have Three Rent Payment Options
- Online payment - Available 24/7
- Payment by mail
- Payment by hand delivery